Monday, January 7, 2013

One for One


I've been on pins and needles waiting for today. Something BIG is going on. Something GOD led is going on.

Friends, about a week ago I got myself in a tizzy worried about who was going to pay for this adoption. Silly me. Obviously, God is.

In my moment of panic I forgot this isn't about me. I didn't start this, and I certainly can't finish it. But God. He is the Alpha, the Omega, the beginning and the end. This has been His plan right from the start. God finishes what He starts. I was letting my fear clauber my faith. But no more.

Today we kick off our last fundraiser. It isn't big or fancy. It's all about one.

One child.

One family.

One adoption.

One less child in foster care.


Today, we kick off our One for One fundraiser. We need you to share one.

One dollar.

One prayer.

One share.

It would bless our socks off if you'd donate $1.00 to our adoption, pray for this last leg of the race for us, and share about this fundraiser on your blog, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Our goal for this fundraiser is $8500.00. It seems impossible to us. But nothing is impossible with God.

As luck would have it, we really do have the sweetest friends. A group of girls have gotten together to make sharing even better. Skip on over to Kelly's place and see for yourself. There are prizes to be had, and all you have to do is share- no giving required and the winner takes ALL! Y'all, seriously, go look!

Thank you all so much for loving us, cheering us on and supporting us. We are getting SO excited! And if you are able to share $1.00 with us, thank you for that too!

You can donate to our adoption by clicking on the Paypal donate button on the right sidebar. Be sure to grab our One for One button for your blog! This fundraiser ends in ONE week!

And, of course, you know...

God is good, all the time!

24 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read this. Perspective. God's plan will be accomplished. Trusting Him every step of the way is the only way to have joy in the journey.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an exciting day!!! I'll be praying and watching!!! If I had a blog, I'd blog about it too...

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited today is finally here! I'm going to be watching that thermometer on the sidebar all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee!
    We are praying and so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hollerrrrrr!
    praying heaven down, girl.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you this week!! :) Praying alongside you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read the good news. We'll be in and out of town this week, but I'll try very hard to share this on my blog because I don't think there could be a worthier cause. Pure religion, baby. Great big blessings to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so in. and kicking myself for being behind on email and not writing about this today. maybe next monday? i better see when the giveaway ends. love your family and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee Look at that climb! I am sooooo excited. Love you. Praying like crazee!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally stalking that thermometer. :) XO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi new to your blog, by way of the amazing Janie Fox. Put it on my facebook page for all my friends to see. Saying prayers for you, what a wonderful way to start the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just watched a friend raise $15,000 in 46 hours. NOTHING is impossible with God. Will share, pray and donate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting via FPFG. So excited for you and your family and thankful that God is our provider. Trusting Him with you and blessed to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been following your life with Pie for awhile now and want to help make her yours. Donating $1.00 for each one in my family. You and Shannan combined are inspiration to so many blog readers. Bless you hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just donated and will share on my blog and fb! My hubby and I are planning on adopting and possibly fostering in the next year. God bless and I wish you the best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Leeper family is behind you all the way! Thank you for stepping out in your faith to share your story and need.

    ReplyDelete
  17. back with excitement!
    look at that thing GROW!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. yeah! so excited for you! praise god!! off to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. praying praying praying! let's do this thing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I check by here more than I care to admit! ;) Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i have a friend who is just past the first steps to adoption... and i love the part about GOD paying for it to happen. of course. many, many blessings to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy to add a little to your fund. Praying for your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joy, what an exciting journey! As I was going through the process of donating, I thought of my son and daughter-in-law who are adopting a little boy from Uganda. Would you mind if I shared this idea with them?

    God bless you!! (I'm so glad Vonda told us about this!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a testimony! I can just imagine the tears and shouts of joy when the family is "official." Can't wait to see photos of the Judge saying "Congrats - You have a daughter!" :)

    Sharing everywhere...
    Blessings, Lana

    ReplyDelete

My small town friends have this to say...