Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Shine with Purpose {Matthew 5:16}


              

My word for last year was shine. I liked it. Shine is a happy word with lighthearted feeling. A few weeks ago, I began to think about a new word for this new year, but I was so in love with shine that I didn't want to part with it. After a good bit of back and forth with the Lord I decided that purpose was my new word. I bet you guessed it already. The funny thing is, I still wanted to keep my shine. I mean, I have a cuff that says shine for Pete's sake.

As I drove home from work a few days ago I mentioned to the Lord about my silly tug on this shiny word. He spoke. I love it when He speaks! He didn't ask me to let go of  shine; He asked me to shine with purpose.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

I've had a whole year to practice my shine, now it's time to narrow my focus that they may see.

Join me.

God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My small town friends have this to say...