Monday, February 16, 2015

Little Sister Stuff


For Christmas, Little Sister asked for a Barbie house.

I am not a lover of Barbies. 

I cut their hair and drew upon their faces with markers as a child.

Having just brothers will do that to you.

When I was a little older my cousin gifted me her Barbie case that opened up to be a fabulous closet with Barbie clothes and shoes and such. I tried to play with it some, but I was really too old by then. 

About a year before our girl arrived I gave it back to Bevy because there were no girls in sight. 

I wish I had kept it in hindsight.

Even still, I wasn't on board about this Barbie house. I made an unspoken rule that if I could find a good used one dirt cheap  then I would buy it.

Well, I found one. Handed down from two previous owners, some furniture included and looked brand spanking new.

Just my luck.

So, I bought a new Barbie with a little sister, an extra outfit for the one half naked Barbie we had at home and called it a day.

Little Sister has played with this dang Barbie house every. single. day. since.

She loves it.

So, it was time to expand the Barbie family.

Let me tell you, well dressed black Barbies are pretty hard to find.

I'm not willing to pay shipping. I'm not willing to break the bank. If I'm going to house Barbies, they are going to dress tastefully.

So, after a month of searching I found this treasure of a doll at the Target yesterday. She's not a Barbie, she's a Moxie doll.

$2.99.

Little sister size.

Modestly dressed.

I scooped her up and ran her home. Little Sister named her KeKe and she joined the Barbie family. 

They're going to live happily ever after, I just know it.

I'm still on the prowl for a few more darker skinned girls for the family. There's talk that they need a man around the house, but I'm not sold on that one yet. A twenty-five cent sticker at a yard sale could seal the deal though.

Having a little girl has been far more fun than I ever imagined it would be. I've even played with Barbies.

God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My small town friends have this to say...