Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fancy Pants Prom


So, in the days following the accident the prom was up in the air. When it was decided that they would go come hail or high water, we were ready. 

On Saturday my tall boy cleaned up real good and obliged his Mama by letting me take him down to Trinity Street for some fancy pictures. Of course, I wanted some pictures of him by himself.



 Also, there was another girl who really believed in her heart that she was going along to the prom. 



She will always think he's hers. Unfortunately, she wasn't actually going to the prom. Eventually, we had to break the news to her. 


After we finished up with our pictures at home, we made our way down to his date, who we call Big K, because her name also starts with a K. 


Please know that when I say "Big K," I actually mean tiny girl.

She was all giggles, this girl. She may be short in stature, but she is big in personality. Her dress and his tux did a great job of hiding injuries. 


Note their height difference.


Now, note her heels.

Tiny, I told you.





Little Sister wasn't feeling well, but she wasn't going to miss a chance to have her turn in the pictures too. 


Big K and Little K love each other, thank goodness. 


In case you were wondering, Riley was too cool for pictures on this day. I called him a goose. He didn't care.


They had a fun evening. There wasn't much dancing on their parts, but they made the best of it. We're just so thankful they were able to attend their prom. It's so crazy how one event can change so much. I'd really like to put them in a box to protect them now. 

One more year and this handsome boy will be off to college! 

I don't want to talk about it.

God is good, all the time!

Photo credits go to me and Mary Beth West.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My small town friends have this to say...