Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jordan

It's hard to believe that this kid is about to graduate from high school. I mean, he was just born five minutes ago. Over a year ago we visited a college by the sea with this boy. It happened to be the worst day in the history of weather to visit a college. There was snow and freezing rain and campus tours. We ran into old friends that we went to college with ourselves. Goodness me, that was surreal. In the end, despite the weather conditions, my boy was sold. He loved the college and the town. 


As luck would have it, the major he was interested in was no longer available in an under-graduate degree. In the months to come God began to sort some things out in this boy's heart and placed some people around him to speak some truth into his life. When the new school year rolled around he began to look at colleges with a new major in mind. 



We signed up to visit a small Christian college nestled among the mountains. They had me at hello. My boy, though, he soaked it all in. The day was a complete opposite scenario than the college before. The sun shone bright, the birds sang, the mountains declared their beauty. The admissions counselor took his information he had brought along and they accepted him on the spot. Right there on. the. spot. You can file that under things a Mama is not prepared for. 


A few weeks later we were signing commitment forms and mailing in checks. I think this college will be the perfect fit for him. It's a place where the mountains, and the college, point to God. Jordan will be heading off to college in the Fall, to his Dad's Alma mater. They even have a football team! We are excited to see him grow into the man God has for him to be. I am thankful he'll be close enough to home for an occasional day visit from us. He has been such a joyous part of our lives. 

God is good, all the time!

3 comments:

  1. That's such a great story showing God's hand and providence in the decision making of your boy. I didn't realize your hubby graduated from that college, if it's the one I'm thinking about. It has to be. I've only heard good (I first typed god) things about it. Enjoy these months before he heads off. Such a bittersweet time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing to see how much they grow and change over the years. I am having a hard time believing Jakob will be a junior at college next year and the younger two graduate from High School. I pray for the Lord's favor as your son finishes out this year and that many blessings are in his near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

My small town friends have this to say...