Friday, June 3, 2016

A High School Graduate


If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: this kid was just born about five minutes ago. Don't blink, mamas. So, as it was we loaded up the car last week and filed into our seats an hour early so that mama could have the best seat in the house. The seat where I could see my tall boy walking straight toward me at eye level with that diploma in his hand. And he did. And I don't even have a picture of it because I had a lap full of a girl with a headache. It's etched in my brain though and there's a fancy photographer out there with it etched in his professional camera, so we can all sleep at night knowing it will land in the mailbox soon.


We're proud of this guy and all he's done in his life to serve God and serve others. He'll be serving all summer and taking off for college in the fall to figure out where God wants him serving in his life. The waiting to see where he'll go is exciting for us all. Plus, he'll be about two hours from home at college which is just a hop, skip and a jump from home. That makes this mama happy.


We celebrated our boy last weekend with our friends and family and our tall boy left the next morning for camp. We'll see him again in a few weeks at family day. School has let out for the summer here. We have some sweet things planned to fill our days with plenty of sunshine included. It's strange to plan outings for a family of four instead of five, but we'll settle in and figure out this new way to adventure. 

God is so sweet to us.



2 comments:

  1. I blinked. Here's to your tall boy's future! I know the Lord will use him in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious tall boy and beautiful family. Yes, God is good to you. So proud of all of you! Congrats, Tall Boy!

    ReplyDelete

My small town friends have this to say...