Thursday, March 2, 2017

Hey, Let's Go to Disney!

Sometime last year a lightbulb went off in my head. After many years of helping my friends and family plan and budget for their Disney vacations, I decided that it was time for me to take it one step further. I became an official Disney Travel Agent! Now, I get paid to help folks plan their Disney trips. Somebody pinch me. No, don't. I like this dream come true! The great thing about working with an official Disney Travel Agent is that you get to have the same contact person for all of your planning needs. You don't pay your travel agent a single penny extra. Not even one. Disney pays us in commissions when you book your trip through us. Plus, you get the same great rates as if you had done all of the research and calling yourself. Our job is to help you design the most magical trip on the face of the planet. Hello, BEST JOB EVER.
Of course, if you give a mouse a cookie, I mean, if you give a girl a travel agent license, she's going to want to go to Disney. Lucky for me, we had planned a fancy Disney camping trip a few months back to celebrate my Dad's birthday. We booked a premium camping spot at Disney's Fort Wilderness Lodge. Premium spots are located close to transportation. We were literally just a few steps from the bus stop. At Fort Wilderness we enjoyed camping in my parents' RV. The kids hit the pool as soon as we were parked. It was a lot of fun, but very chilly. We made some meals ourselves in the camper, so we did not book a dining plan for this trip. Two nights, we went over to P & J's Southern Take-out (located at FW) and purchased the take-out meal for $23.39. It included 8 pieces of fried chicken, cornbread and two sides. There were six of us and it filled us up with none left-over. We attended Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long one night and took our own makings for s'mores to make over the campfire. We just purchased our sticks for roasting there for $0.69 each. After the sing-a-long Barry, Kendra and I stayed to watch the movie under the stars. On this night they were playing Princess Diaries.
The next morning we headed to the Garden Grill inside of Epcot for breakfast. It is one of our most favorite breakfast spots at Disney. The food is so delicious and it's fun to hang out with Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto.
After breakfast, we spent the day in Epcot visiting some of our favorite pals.
My Dad was the biggest kid of all!
Our most favorite part of Epcot this trip was riding the new Frozen ride. Our family owns a small business that provided some of the steel for the ride. It was really cool to ride through knowing that a small bit of that ride once sat in our little shop. Plus, the ride was completely awesome! This was a short trip for us, due to the kids being in school. The next day we spent the day at Disney Springs where our little Princess had an appointment at the Bibiddi Bobbidi Boutique. This was an awesome experience for us. I was worried about what they would do with Kendra's hair since she is African American and it's more complex than your average white girl. We had her hair down for the trip. Once we arrived the stylist sprayed her hair with a mixture of conditioner and water and combed it right up into a bun. Kendra chose the hairstyle that came with the hair piece, so she LOVED slinging her hair around all day. My Mom purchased a Princess Elena dress from her ahead of time and we purchased the smallest package they had that included her hair, nails, and make-up.
We ate lunch at Disney Springs that day. Write that down- eat at Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs. Oh my goodness, it was fabulous! If you are trying to spread out your quick service meals, this is the place to go. We ordered 3 pizzas (all personal sized) and shared them between six of us. They even had an amazing "white" pizza that was made with white sauce, green peppers and onion. My picky Princess (who does not like pizza, or any other fast food) LOVED it, In fact, she asked at dinner time of we could eat there again.
We had such a fun time and can't wait to go back again. It's so fun to me to spend months planning and saving and then to actually get to BE THERE and enjoy my plans! This trip was one of our top favorites. We were sad to leave our college boy behind, but he's busy with his classes these days. We all had some fun suggestions for our next trip that I can't wait to see come to fruition. In the meantime, I'd like to help you plan some magic for YOUR family! Are you ready for a trip to Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland, Disney's Aulani Resort, a Disney Destination or a Disney Cruise? I'm your girl! Contact me at joyk@destinationsinflorida.com and let's get started on adding some magic into your life. Remember, the are only little once! God is so sweet to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My small town friends have this to say...